Carbohydrates are the source of our energy, Tapioca has a large amount of carbohydrates, without the negative cholesterol and saturated fats, so energy levels will be high, you won’t feel hungry as often. With that being said the carbohydrates in tapioca consist primarily of starch. Starch is a polysaccharide, meaning it comprises many monosaccharides linked together. The monosaccharides is a form of SUGAR – meaning the FUEL we desire with affect 25g of the listed 37 on the Electrolife Bag. Leaving the remaining 12.4 grams being Dextrose which has huge athletic performance gains and acts as a carrier for the Colostrum and 84 Minerals to help fuel, and hydrate the Athletes.
Pink Himalayan Salt
- Create an electrolyte balance
- Increases hydration
- Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
- Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
- Prevent muscle cramping
- Aid in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthen bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Help the intestines absorb nutrients
- Prevent goiters
- Improve circulation
- Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
What can athletes expect from colostrum?
- The IGF-1 in colostrum increases uptake of blood glucose and facilitates the transport of glucose to the muscles, which keeps energy levels up. Together with growth hormones, IGF-1 also slows the rate of protein breakdown (catabolism) that occurs after a vigorous workout. It speeds up protein synthesis, which results in lean muscle mass without an increase in the amount of stored fat. Colostrum improves the assimilation of nutrients, which leads to improved energy levels and performance. Also, the immune factors in colostrum help athletes to minimize their susceptibility to infections while being able to keep up with their training schedules.
- Colostrum could be the most important natural substance to help athletes (from weekend warriors to professional athletes) achieve their desired results. Research shows that colostrum can help:
- Increase strength and endurance
- Build lean muscle mass
- Burn body fat
- Boost immune function, which typically dips after strenuous exercise
- Shorten recovery time
- Accelerate healing of injuries
And Ideal sporting drink to hydrate and fuel athletes of all age.
- Ideally fluids consumed during exercise, should meet the following criteria:
- have a palatable flavour to encourage greater fluid intake
- contain 6-8% carbohydrate
- contain electrolytes such as sodium and potassium
- be non-carbonated
- Sports drinks are the preferred fluid to consume during exercise. Sports drinks are flavoured therefore encourage a greater fluid intake. The carbohydrate and electrolytes in sports drinks promote better fluid absorption. The carbohydrate also provides a fuel source.